Results – a little bit of rain and fog did not stop the match.
PCGC is excited to announce its 2021 Schedule of Highpower Matches: here. (revised 11/25/20). Programs for the monthly matches are as follows:
Highpower across the course and prone shooting will continue to be the first full weekend of the month with some exceptions as detailed in the schedule.
The PCGC Annual Meeting of its members will be held Saturday, 3 July
NEW: Smallbore prone matches will debut at PCGC – generally on the 4th Saturday of the month with some exceptions. See the Program for more information.
“Big” events include:
- Four States Two Man Team Match (6-7 March); Program and Entry Form Note: pre-registration is required and closes 16 February or when capacity is reached.
- AS OF 12/14/2020 – Match capacity has been reached – THANK YOU! Email the match director (see program/entry) to be placed on a standby list.
- Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA) Highpower Rifle Championships (19-21 March): Program/Entry Form
- NRA Highpower Regional with M1 Garand and EIC matches (4-6 June): Program/Entry Form (updated 210110)
- CMP Highpower Extravaganza with M1A, M1 Garand, and EIC matches (3-6 September): Program/Entry Form
- Texas State Rifle Association (TSRA) Service Rifle Championship (22-24 October): Save the date; program to be published at a later date.
- NRA Mid-Range Prone Regional (4-7 November): Program Entry Form
Intersted in competing? Come out to a match, introduce yourself and we will set up a time/date to give you a detailed orientation.
Panola County Gun Club is proudly affiliated with the following organizations who support and defend our Constitutional Rights to own firearms, promote firearm safety, and marksmanship training.
Competition is a great way to hone and improve your marksmanship skills. PCGC hosts monthly highpower (also called across-the-course, XTC) and mid-range (MR) prone matches. We would like you to join us or at least come out, watch a (portion of) a match, and come back and shoot with us. If there is enough interest, a “basics of competition” clinic can also be arranged.
The XTC matches are fired with either service rifles or match rifles. The course of fire is as follows: slow-fire standing at 200 yards, rapid-fire sitting at 200-yards, rapid-fire prone at 300 yards, and slow-fire prone at 600 yards. The following articles describe these types of rifles: Service Rifle Match Rifle
MR Prone matches are fired with service rifles, match rifles, tactical rifle, and F-class rifles. The latter two rifle types are described here: Tactical Rifle F-Class Rifle. The course of fire is slow-fire prone at 300, 500, and/or 600 yards.
PCGC also occasionally hosts smallbore rifle (.22) prone matches (50 yards) and bullseye (aka precision) pistol matches (25 and 50 yards). Be sure to check out the schedule of matches for currently planned events and check the homepage for new announcements.